MikaZone™ daily chemical-grade hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose (HPMC) is currently widely used in personal care products such as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, cream, shower gel, hair color, toothpaste, etc. Main advantages of MikaZone™ daily chemical-grade hydroxypropyl methylcellulose:
- Natural raw materials, low irritation, mild performance, safety, and environmental protection;
- Water solubility and thickening: it can quickly dissolve in cold water and dissolve in some organic solvents and a mixture of water and organic solvents;
- Thickening and viscosity-increasing: a small amount of increased dissolution will form a transparent viscous solution with high transparency and stable performance. The solubility changes with the viscosity. The lower the density, the more excellent the solubility; effectively improve the flow stability of the system;
- Salt resistance: HPMC is a non-ionic polymer, which is relatively stable in aqueous solutions of metal salts or organic electrolytes;
- Surface activity: The aqueous solution of the product has surface activity, has the functions and properties of emulsification, protective colloid, and relative stability; surface tension: 2% aqueous solution is 42~56dyn/cm;
- PH stability: the viscosity of the aqueous solution is stable within the range of PH3.0-11.0;
- Water retention: HPMC’s hydrophilic properties can be added to paste, paste, and paste products to maintain high water retention;
- Thermal gelation: When the aqueous solution is heated to a specific temperature, it becomes opaque until it forms a (poly)flocculated state, which makes the solution lose its viscosity cooling, it will transform into the original solution state. The temperature at which the gelling phenomenon occurs depends on the type of product, the concentration of the solution and the heating rate;
- Other characteristics: excellent film-forming properties and a wide range of enzyme resistance, dispersion, and adhesion characteristics.
MikaZone™ cellulose ether products are essential additives in many construction materials.
MikaZone™ detergent grade cellulose ether is suitable for all kinds of daily chemical and detergent products.
MikaZone™ HE cellulose ether products are highly suitable in different oilfield applications.
MikaZone™ HE cellulose ether products are used by the ceramic industry in various applications.